6/17/07

My Baby Grows Up



As promised, more family enters the blog.

This is my youngest son. Admittedly an older picture of him, this young man is well on his way to adulthood. He is graduating with honors from HS this week. He is slated to attend San Francisco State in August.

I have been a mom for almost 24 years, and a single mom for 12. I have wiped noses, made lunches, thrown out homework by mistake, attended hundreds of hours of Little League games, laughed and cried at and with the little darlings, worried constantly about them, and... they grew up. The nerve.

It is liberating and kind of scary becoming an empty-nester. For my entire adult life, my time and interests have revolved around three wonderful children. This is the first time in my adult life I will live alone (at least for a few months til Gunslinger and I get married). I am kind of excited. I am kind of sad.

I never thought they would actually grow up and LEAVE.

1 comment:

Beth said...

I can't believe it. You used the bunny slipper photo before I could get to it. That's it. I throw down the bunny gauntlet....and you can expect to see more about YOU on my blog. Hee hee hee.