10/31/07

Mrs. Gunslinger Blogs Again



This is not my wedding cake. We did not have a wedding cake, and apparently Bridezilla™ overlooked providing a vegan desert option. I am pretty sure the bruleed bananas in melted chocolate would have worked for the vegans, but maybe not.

The wedding was lovely. The venue was fine and the chef did a nice job on the food. Everyone commented how yummy the food was.

It was so great to spend a few (chaotic) days with my family... seeing PixelPi and Mr. Pi and my niece The Officiant... meeting new relatives and seeing my kids all together again was amazingly fun.

Thanks to all of you who played Very Important Roles in the wedding. Your behind the scenes and on stage efforts made the whole event possible.

The honeymoon was awesome... Washington state's mountains are probably some of the prettiest geography I have seen in a long time. I will post more about the hotels we stayed in when I have a bit more time.

I am moved in but not unpacked... there is a camera in one of those many boxes and one day, I will find it. In fact, there are so many boxes of Gunslinger's stuff, too, that we may have to break down and get a Pod. Or two. (Then we can proudly say that in fact, we ARE Pod People. Eliminate any doubt anyone had in the first place.)

6 comments:

Beth said...

When I first looked at this post, I said, "There was cake? There was cake and I missed it?" Then a sigh of relief when I realized it was just a picture of a cake.

Your wedding was wonderful and special, even if you didn't let me wear my red high-top Converses I bought just to go with the dress.

Why did your makeup look fabulous, and the first thing Mr. Pi said to me was "You look like someone out of the Munsters"?

You'll find the camera. It's the batteries that are killer. xoxoxo

Unknown said...

Mrs. Gunslinger! I love it! I am hoping the "official" photo guy posts everything to someplace we can visit? Let us know, please!
affectionately,
The Officiant
(I esp. like the capital T & O)
glad the trip was wonderful!

the rotten correspondent said...

Congratulations to you and the Gunslinger. (I may need more coffee. The first time I typed that I wrote BUNslinger.Oops).

The wedding sounded fabulous and we want to hear all about the honeymoon. Well, not allabout the honeymoon - just the repeatable stuff.

Welcome back!

Woody's Mom said...

Thanks, RC. I hope you are enjoying your time here in God's Country.

Cathy, I have about had it with the photographer... it's been 3 weeks and this was DIGITAL. How hard is it to upload photos these days???

Pix, radio silent from you lately. Everything ok?

Beth said...

Wow! Love the new layout! Great going. The blue is awesome.

Beth said...

I am pretty sure the bruleed bananas in melted chocolate would have worked for the vegans, but maybe not.

Not being a vegan, I ate mine anyway. Nevertheless, this brulee mystery must be resolved before the next family vegan-attending wedding.