10/5/07

Come On Barbie, Let's Go Party



13 days and counting to The Big Day. I have rearranged the guests fifteen ways to Sunday. I can only hope that the teens do not trample the octogenarians on their way to the dance floor for the latest from the Black Eyed Peas. I can only hope that the Weird People do not annoy the Normal People. Why did I invite the WP anyway?

Music. Ah yes, the music. Gunslinger prefers classics and perhaps some classic funk and I am a Barbie Girl. This is a selection cacophony... All I can say is that our entire guest list will find at least one song they can dance to. Even from a wheelchair.

4 comments:

Beth said...

Well, some of us will not be trampling other guests on the dance floor because we will be hiding behind our cameras and tall blue Marge Simpson wigs. Ah, if only I could make balloon animals. I'd be the hit of the party.

Please tell me that one of Gunslinger's classic favorites is not What's Up Pussy Cat? Woah, Woah, Woooooooooah? I don't know how to dance to that one.

And please tell me that as the Bride in Charge of Everything you are not going to make any of your guests Walk Like an Egyptian.

Signed, The Really Old Sister

Unknown said...

Katie will dance to every song, accompanied or not. So that's one!
c

Woody's Mom said...

No Egyptians, as guests or in song.

And Tater Tot will dance to every song, accompanied or not.

We might need a bigger dance floor... last count we were at 66. (Not all are dancers, though.)

Beth said...

Dear Baby,

Although I requested Rock Lobster, the closest the DJ could get was playing Love Shack.

It seems like more people danced to that one anyway, so Fate must have intervened. :D